Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Excitement of the Day

The man in the apartment above me is screaming. It also occasionally sounds like he is moving around furniture very quickly. It doesn't sound like he's talking to anyone, though. I asked Álvaro if he thought the man was watching the same soccer match as he had been. "Could be," he said, "but I'm not watching it anymore, so I wouldn't know. That man is crazy. There are a lot of drugs in that apartment." I wonder if perhaps he is playing floor hockey. That would explain both the scuffling and the yelling.

I had a very uneventful day. I have no classes on Tuesday (I'll write about classes soon) and my internship hasn't started yet. Also, it has been raining for a few days with no sign of stopping. For entertainment, I got a haircut. The barber didn't seem like he had a lot of foreigners come by. He was also very concerned that my hair was "tough", whatever that means, but he did a good job, and since people don't tip here, it came out to about the same price as Supercuts. Since I get reimbursed for watching Spanish movies, I went to the movie theater with some friends to see the movie that won the Goyas, the Spanish equivalent of the Oscars. Pilar has been telling me to go see it since the day I arrived, so I was a bit disappointed that it was only good, but not mind-blowing. Apparently, she hadn't actually seen it; she was just going on positive recommendations.

Now the man is clapping. This is reinforcing the sports-watching theory, but I still have to explain the scuffling sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment